How to Write a Book that Sells in 2020 with Audrey Hughey
Want to listen to the Freedom Driven Success podcast on the go? Click below!
Audrey Hughey is the founder of the Author Transformation Alliance, a community dedicated to uplifting and empowering authors at all stages to reach their vision of success step-by-step with a powerful network of support to guide them. With social media and the current state of the internet, authors no longer need to go it alone or guess their way through the ever-evolving landscape of modern marketing.
Writing became Audrey’s passion from a young age, her notebooks quickly filling with high fantasy and science fiction short stories. What began as fiction writing evolved to consist mostly of report writing and formal business communication during her fourteen years of active and reserve duty in the United States Army. While pursuing her Bachelor of Arts in English with a concentration in Writing, she began contributing regularly to non-fiction magazines and first saw her byline in print in July of 2015.
Since attaining her B.A. in English (Writing) and completing her M.A. in Ancient and Classical history, she has returned to completing her WIPs alongside serving her fellow writers by educating self-marketing authors on the finer points of leveraging the digital world to reach more readers.
You can often find Audrey at the local coffee shop or Panera as she works on her novel manuscripts of varying genres (fantasy, crime thrillers, horror collections, western-horror, and more) and breathes life into the characters who test the fences of her vibrant imagination. When she’s not writing or working with other authors, Audrey is spending time with her two bright children and loving husband or looking for any opportunity to go horseback riding.
On this episode, we talk about what you need to know if you are planning on writing a book in 2020, including:
- How she realized the gap that was in the market for authors who were putting months (or even years) into finishing their books, only to get a few sales.
- What you need to ask yourself before you begin writing your book, as it will impact everything you do from that point forward.
- Why planning for your book is just like planning for your offers in business.
- What you can learn from other books in the genre you want your book to be in.
- The power of sharing your process of writing a book with your audience and ways that they can help make some of the hardest decisions for you.
- How she leveraged a small audience to surge her own book sales, keeping her expenses to less than 10%.
- How marketing a book can simplify marketing in your business.
- Why your book doesn’t need to get perfect in order to get out into the world.
Where to find Audrey
- FREE: 2020 Priority Map and Goal Road-map Worksheets
- Get Your Copy of the 2020 Authors Planner