EP 135: How to Design a Business that Runs Itself with Adrienne Dorison
Adrienne Dorison is the Co-Founder of Run Like Clockwork™ alongside of author + speaker, Mike Michalowicz. Run Like Clockwork is a training + operations consultancy that equips CEO’s to design a business that runs itself + is based on the principles of the best-selling book, Clockwork. Adrienne has helped hundreds of business leaders — from Fortune 500 corporations to fast-growth startups — to expand their profit margins, cut costs + take a REAL vacation. Adrienne’s clients have been able to double, triple, and even 10X their companies growth, all while removing themselves from the day-to-day operation.
She’s personally passionate about baking in generosity into business models, + believes when we earn more money, we can give more back to the world. Adrienne lives in St. Petersburg, Florida with her husband + their 2 dogs.
In this week’s episode of the podcast, Adrienne and I talk about how to design a business that runs itself, along with her own journey to leveraging her strengths to help business owners do exactly that
Episode highlights + takeaways:
- The evolution of Adrienne’s business throughout the past few years and how she navigated it.
- What Adrienne learned about her strength of operational efficiency and what happened when she fully embraced it.
- How her consulting has transitioned within the past year from just her to a full company that takes business owners through the Clockwork framework.
- The difference between having a massage and having the right audience for that message.
- The journey that business owners go through when they begin working with Run Like Clockwork™ in order to realign their business with their vision.
- The risk you put yourself and your business at when you’ve created something that you can’t walk away from.
- The double-edged sword of growing too fast and how that can affect your business if it’s not operationally ready.
- Why waiting for “the moment” doesn’t work and how to focus on the now.
- How to know if you should focus on the book or the live events in order to implement the Clockwork framework in your business.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Book: Clockwork: Design Your Business to Run Itself
- Free Kit: Get the free Clockwork Kit
- Events: Run Like Clockwork
Where you can find Adrienne: